Welcome to Five Paper Employment Direct
We are a team of Public Access licensed, employment and discrimination law specialists who are regularly instructed by directors, businesses, partnerships and companies. We can offer you an expert legal service tailored to you and your business needs
How can we help?
We have experienced Public Access barristers across all levels of experience who can help you with a range of problems that might be affecting you and your business. Although our website gives a snapshot of the types of problems we encounter most often, please feel free to contact us to discuss your particular needs.
Here are some examples of the sort of questions we can help you answer:
- Has an employee made a tribunal claim against you or your business? Click here to learn more about how we can help with problems relating to employment tribunal litigation.
- Has an employee done something wrong, performed badly or made a complaint? Are you unsure about or do you need internal procedures to deal with such issues? Click here to learn more about how we can help with problems involving internal capability, disciplinary and grievance matters
- Are you unsure of your contractual obligations and requirements? Do your employees all have proper contracts Do you have issues with holiday, maternity or sick pay? Click here to learn more about how we can help with employment contracts.
- Has an employee set up a competing business or joined a competitor? Has an employee taken your clients? Click here to learn more about how we can help with problems concerning restrictive covenants.
- Has your company bought or sold a business? What has happened to the employees? Click here to learn more about how we can help with transfer of undertakings
Why come to a barrister directly?
- You can save money, as there is no need to instruct a solicitor;
- Managing the costs of litigation can be much simpler, without unexpected bills: generally a fixed fee for the advice or court appearance is agreed and paid in advance;
- You can decide which barrister represents you;
- There is a direct line of communication with the barrister who will present your case in court.
What can we do for you?
- We can provide you with expert legal advice
- We can help you to draft correspondence, court documents, and witness statements
- We can draft internal procedures and contracts
- We can advise on pay, disciplinary and grievance matters
- We can explain and advise on litigation strategy
- We can assist you in trying to resolve your case without going to court
- We can advise and assist with workplace mediations.
- We can represent you in court.